Nordic walking is a great way to enjoy the outdoors and get fit, whether you just want a social work or something to give you a bit more of a work out. Nordic Walking is suitable for all fitness levels and can be done almost anywhere.
Nordic Walking started in Finland as out of season training for cross country skiers and has now become one of the fastest growing recognised fitness activities around the world.
Nordic walking poles unlike the trekking poles not only give stability put also due to the plant being behind you and not in front give you forward propulsion which if the correct technique is used engages the whole of the body.
- Burns 20-40% more calories than normal walking
- Uses 90% of major muscle groups
- Makes you lighter on your feet
- Reduces pressure on knees and hips
- Can be done anywhere
- Easy to learn
- You can keep on improving
Who is it suitable for:
- Those of us who don’t enjoy going to the gym but would like to take part in some form of activity.
- Like the idea of outdoor activity and workout
- All ages and fitness levels
It is important to learn the correct technique this usually takes 4 x 1hr session’s poles are provided this will also give you the opportunity to try the poles before purchasing your own.
Why not come along to one of our Nordic Walking taster sessions to see and try before committing to the technique course which is 1hr for 4 weeks. When you have commited the technique we offer weekly walks in and around the Forest of Dean and the Wye Valley.