Covid-19 Update: June 19th 2020 (Opening very soon!)
We are planning to reopen in July 2020 as the UK Coronavirus pandemic lockdown measures are eased off. For us to reopen in July, Way2Go Adventures are looking at the whole business and how best to keep all staff and customers as well as the local community SAFE.
With our re-modelling we are following the advice and guidance from the UK Government as it is published. As we come out from lockdown and people are looking for the British beauty spots to get away from built up areas, we are aware that it is still important to remain safe to prevent and limit further spread of the virus.
For more advice from the UK Government or from Visit Britain, please follow the links below:
List of Measures
The measures Way2Go Adventures have put in place are:
- Social Distancing – keeping at least 2 meters apart from people outside your household. The paddles you get given are a great way to measure if people are too close! Please keep at least one paddle distance apart from others.
- We are an outdoor business and meet all our groups at the venue, so our safety briefs are always held outside (this is what we already do.)
- Everyone will use hand sanitiser gel before handling any equipment that will be used on the activity at the venue. Ideally, people will bring their own supply of hand sanitiser (or soap and water if preferred), however, we will also have gel available for those who require it.
- We ask everyone to use hand sanitiser gel before leaving as well. It will also be provided when asked for, for example during a break in the activity.
- We will not be asking our customers to travel in our vehicles, so trips may be limited to a static location unless your group can organise a shuttle between you. This is for safety and to help minimise any risk of spreading Coronavirus. Way2Go Adventures will help with postcodes and directions to any location that is used.
- If you are unfortunate and accidentally fall into the water during your activity session, your guide will assess whether it is possible for you to rescue yourself, or have someone from your group help you, talking you through what you need to do to get back onto dry land or back into your boat. Otherwise, your Way2Go Adventures guide will assist you with the rescue, which may include coming within 2 meters to safely help you out of the water. Water safety is extremely important to us and we will check that everyone in the group agrees to be rescued in necessary circumstances before setting off on the activity.
- If you have tested positive for, had any symptoms of, or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 up to 14 days before your activity you will not be able to take part. Please let us know so that we can reschedule your activity. We also ask that you stay home or seek medical help if needed and please follow the current NHS guidelines NHS Symptom checker.
- If you think you have any symptoms of Covid-19 within 14 days of taking part in one of our activities we do ask that you get in touch with us to let us know, and follow the NHS Symptom checker.
- After every activity, we will wash and clean all used equipment with sterilising fluid and plenty of soap and water so it will be ready for the next use. We will also be rotating the use of our equipment. This includes:
Pumps for the SUP’s
- Before loading the vans or trailers our staff will use hand sanitiser gel or wear gloves to help with keeping the kit clean and ready for you all.
NHS measures we are following are:
- Please cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you need to cough or sneeze, NOT YOUR HANDS and put tissues in the bin immediately.
- Wash your hands with soap and water, if soap and water are not available then please use hand sanitiser gel.
- Do not touch your face if your hands are dirty.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- If you’re unwell and showing symptoms then please self-isolate.
- Do not leave home if you or someone you live with has any of the following
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
Booking outdoor activities (Canoeing, Kayaking or Stand Up Paddleboarding):
Way2Go Adventures is back open to our customers in July, for pre-booked activities only. You will be able to book Canoeing, Kayaking or Stand Up Paddleboarding online, by email or by calling us for groups of up to 5 people. We are also limiting our trips and activities to single groups, i.e. we will NOT mix your group with another group of people. The allowed group sizes may change as we come further out of the UK lockdown restrictions and we will be keeping our advice up to date.
Activities available to book from July: Canoeing / Kayaking / Stand Up Paddleboarding
- Pre-booked activities ONLY, with a group of up to 5 people
- All kit and equipment will be cleaned thoroughly before and after use
- All customers and staff should clean their hands before and after the activity
- If you are unwell then please stay at home and your activity will be rescheduled
We are taking new bookings. Alternatively, if you have missed out on your adventure with us because of the pandemic and are looking to reschedule then please get in touch and we will get you booked in. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
We look forward to adventures on the River Wye with you!
Di and the team.