The Canoe Leader Assessment will assess your ability to lead a group of up to 4 solo Canoes or 3 tandem crew canoes on moderate whitewater and moderate open water. Moderate whitewater includes rivers with Grade 2 moving water. Moderate inland open water is up to 500 metres from shores in winds up to Force 4 on the Beaufort scale.
The Assessment will be over 2 days, 1 day on a river up to Grade 2/3 and the other day on an open water environment.
The Canoe Leader Assessment will evaluate:
- Personal Skills on moving water (Grade 2/3)
- Personal Skills on open water (up to Force 4)
- Rescue and Safety Skills
- Leadership and Group Management Skills
Pre-requisites for Canoe Leader Assessment:
- Attended Canoe Leader Training within the last 3 years
- Hold a valid 2 Day First Aid qualification
- White Water Safety and Rescue Course
- Over the age of 16
- Registered with British Canoeing (fee £39)
We run the majority of our courses in and around the South Wales area.
Duration: 2 Full Days
Location: South Wales (e.g River Usk and Llangorse Lake)
Age Range: 16 plus
Availability: Booking is Required
Price: £180 per person
Boat Hire (if required): £20 per day