Looking to Try Something New in the Forest of Dean or Wye Valley?
The Forest of Dean and Wye Valley are beautiful, varied, exciting landscapes with a wide variety of attractions and activities on offer. Here are some of our favourite things to do outdoors around the Wye Valley and Forest of Dean:
1. Canoeing or kayaking – perfect ways to explore the River Wye. Half day, full day and 2 days or longer with overnight camping.
2. Stand Up Paddleboarding
3. SUP Yoga: Improve your balance and core strength
4. Outdoor Fitness: Don’t fancy working out in the gym then why not work out in the outdoors?
5. Geocaching: Great for families and gives the younger folk an interest while walking by looking for information or treasures.
6. Raft Building: Fun team building for groups of 8 or more.
7. Caving: You’ve seen above ground now see what is below your feet.
8. Climbing: Like heights? Then this could be for you.
9. Photography: Take photos of scenery or wildlife or just look to learn more on how to get a better picture.
10. Cycling: Jump on your bike or hire a bike from one of the bike hire companies found locally and explore the cycle trails here in the Forest of Dean from family trails to trails for the more adventurous.
11. Wildlife Watching: We have Peregrine Falcons, Goshawks, Kingfishers, Deer and Wild Boar amongst others.
12. Try bushcraft and learn traditional skills.
Looking for ideas for birthday presents? Then why not purchase a Way2Go Adventures gift voucher than can be used for any of our activities (get in contact).
Here are links for some of companies offering the activities above and further information: